The turkey is the center stage of Thanksgiving! This Thanksgiving turkey recipe will make it healthy and tasty. Instead of inflammatory hydrogenated oils this recipe uses avocado oil to baste the turkey and you will feel good about all the healthy, organic ingredients.
*Remember to avoid your food allergies when making this recipe! If you do not know what your food allergies are get them tested soon!
Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe
Total Prep Time: 2.5-3 hours Makes: 1 turkey
Thanksgiving Turkey Ingredients
- 1 organic turkey
- 1 organic onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon organic thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon organic cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon organic onion powder
- 2 teaspoons organic paprika
- 1 organic garlic clove, minced
- Avocado oil
Thanksgiving Turkey Directions:
- Thaw turkey (if it was stored in the freezer) for 24 hours in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line turkey roaster with parchment paper that will be long enough to wrap over turkey.
- Remove neck, giblets, and liver.
- Combine dry ingredients in small bowl.
- Rub spice mixture into cavity of turkey.
- Optional – fill inside organic onions, carrots, and apples for aromatic effect.
- Place breast-side up and brush with avocado oil.
- Tent with parchment paper and roast for 2-3 hours.