Store-bought jams can contain extra ingredients like preservatives and added sugars. Homemade jam is quick, much tastier, and better for you!
*Remember to avoid your food allergies when making this recipe! If you do not know what your food allergies are get them tested soon!
Strawberry Freezer Jam Recipe
Total Prep Time: 15-20 minutes Makes: about 2 pints
Strawberry Freezer Jam Ingredients
- 4 cups organic strawberries
- 1-2 tablespoons organic lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons organic chia seeds
Strawberry Freezer Jam Directions:
- Mash all ingredients together by hand, or use blender.
- Leave in fridge for a few hours to thicken. Extra jam can be frozen in jars for up to 3 months.
*Note: The consistency is not like regular jams – it will be more syrupy. You can also cook the berries down a bit before adding other ingredients instead of leaving raw.