Smoked pulled pork is great for parties with family and friends, tailgating, or to switch up your usual dinner routine. This tender, juicy meat will be sure to be a family favorite.
*Remember to avoid your food allergies when making this recipe! If you do not know what your food allergies are get them tested soon!
Smoked Pulled Pork Recipe
Total Prep Time: 10-12 hours Makes: 10-15 servings
Smoked Pulled Pork Ingredients
- 1 – 5-8 lb organic pork or boston shoulder, no added hormones or nitrates
- homemade barbecue rub
- homemade beef or pork rub
- 2-3 cups organic apple juice or freshly juiced apple
Smoked Pulled Pork Directions:
- Preheat smoker or barbecue grill to 250 degrees.
- Generously rub 1/2 cup of the beef rub and 1/2 cup of barbecue rub on all sides of pork shoulder.
- Insert instant-read meat thermometer in thickest part of pork shoulder.
- Place pork shoulder on the smoker with the fat side up. Smoke for 2.5-3 hours.
- Spray pork shoulder with organic apple juice every 45 minutes. (Use BPA free spray bottle.)
- Place pork shoulder on baking sheet, then place back on smoker for additional 5-6 hours, or until instant-read meat thermometer reads 200 degrees.
- Pull pork off smoker and place in cooler. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- While pork is still hot, carve pork shoulder into 3×3 inch pieces and place into food processor. Pulse food processor 3-4 times until pork is shredded.
- Place pork on plate or gluten free buns. Add barbecue sauce, and enjoy!