*Remember to avoid your food allergies when making this recipe! If you do not know what your food allergies are we can help! Call your nearest Wellness Way Clinic for more information and to get tested.
Total Time: 20 minutes Makes: 4 servings
– 1 pound broccoli floret
– 2 tablespoons organic virgin coconut oil
– 2 tablespoons organic unsalted butter
– 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
– 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
– 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
– 2 tablespoon **pine nuts, toasted
– Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, toss the broccoli with the oil and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Arrange the florets in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast, turning once for 12 minutes or until tender.
4. Meanwhile, in a small pan, melt the butter over medium heat.
5. Add the garlic and lemon zest and heat, stirring for about 1 minute.
6. Let cool and stir in the lemon juice.
7. Place broccoli in a serving bowl and pour the lemon butter over it and toss to coat.
8. Sprinkle the toasted **pine nuts over the top to add a crunch!
**Pine nuts can be replaced with raw sunflower seeds if price per pound is a concern.