Do you love peanut butter and crave something sweet without the guilt? Christy’s Peanut Butter Dream Pie is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth! The best thing about this recipe? It’s dairy-free and sugar-free!
*Remember to buy organic and avoid your food allergies when making this recipe! If you do not know what your food allergies are get them tested soon!
Christy’s Peanut Butter Dream Pie
Ingredients (Make sure to use organic)
- 1 can organic unsweetened coconut milk (regular, not light)
- 1/4 Cup powdered birch xylitol
- 2 Tablespoons unrefined coconut oil
- 1/2 Cup + 1 Tablespoon powdered xylitol
- 1 Cup organic peanut butter or sun butter (with no added sugar)
- 2 Tablespoons organic unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1/2 Cups raw, organic nuts in any combination (1 Cup walnuts + 1/2 cup cashews or 1 Cup pecans + 1/2 Cup walnuts, etc.)
- 1/8 Cup xylitol
- 2 Tablespoon unrefined coconut oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 Cup Lily’s Dark chocolate chips – stevia sweetened
- 1/2 Teaspoon unrefined coconut oil
- Make the coconut whipped cream. This is easy, but requires a little advance preparation. Put your can of coconut milk in the back of the fridge and leave it there for a few days. This gives it time to really separate and the cream to really thicken, making it easier to spoon just the cream out. Keeping the can in the fridge for a few days really allows the cream to get thick, undisturbed, almost like shortening, and the liquid under it will almost be clear an very thin. It will then be very easy to spoon out the part that whips easily into soft peaks of heavenly yumminess.Another tip: put the whipping bowl and beaters in the freezer for 20-60 minutes before whipping the cream, to get a really good chill on them. Coconut whipped cream will last 2-3 days in the fridge, so you can whip it up in advance if you want, but it is really easy once the coconut milk is chilled, to do it as you need it. Open the can of coconut milk. (DO NOT SHAKE!) Take bowl out of freezer and spoon the thick layer of cream from the top of the can into your chilled bowl. Be careful to avoid getting the thin liquid from the bottom of the can, as it will make your cream too soft to whip well. Now whip on high speed with chilled beaters 1-2 minutes, until it starts to get fluffy. Add 1/4 cup powdered xylitol and whip another 1-2 minutes on high, until soft peaks form. Put in a small bowl to put back in fridge.
- Prepare the crust. Using a food processor, grind up the nuts, xylitol, cinnamon and oil. Press into glass pie plate and up the sides as far as you like. Melt the half Teaspoon of coconut oil and chocolate chips in a small saucepan on low heat, stirring the entire time. Once it is melted, pour 3/4 of it onto the nut crust and, using a spatula, spread it around evenly. Chill in the fridge until you add the filling.
- Prepare the filling. Add to Mixing bowl: Coconut oil, 1 Tablespoon powdered xylitol and 1 cup peanut butter or sunbutter. Mix well. Add powdered xylitol, a little at a time, beating well after each addition. Mixture should be very thick. Drizzle 1-2 Tablespoons of the leftover coconut milk in to increase creaminess. Mixture should be very thick now. Now, add the chilled coconut whipped cream. Mix about 1 minute, until smooth and creamy. Pour into chilled crust and take the remaining melted chocolate and drizzle on the top. Chill for 1-2 hours until serving. Keeps well overnight. You can serve this to anyone, even without allergies, with no apologies or explanations. It is that amazing!
*To powder xylitol, simply put xylitol in a nutribullet or other high speed blender for about 10 seconds or so.
**If careful, the above recipe can be dairy, soy, egg, gluten, peanut and sugar free!
***If desired, make another batch of the whipped coconut cream to put on top and drizzle the chocolate over it and chill.