Rather than buying marshmallows that have corn syrup and artificial flavors, make your own homemade marshmallows for s’mores, rice crispy bars, or just to eat alone!
*Remember to avoid your food allergies when making this recipe! If you do not know what your food allergies are get them tested soon!
Homemade Marshmallows Recipe
Total Prep Time: 20-30 minutes Makes: 4-6 servings
Homemade Marshmallows Ingredients
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup organic agave syrup or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- coconut oil
- cornstarch or other starch
Homemade Marshmallows Directions:
- Dissolve gelatin in 6 tablespoons of boiling water.
- Add vanilla, syrup, and sea salt.
- Beat with electric mixer for 12 minutes, until marshmallows are thick. Should triple in size.
- Coat 9×12 dish with coconut oil and dust with starch. Pour marshmallows into dish.
- Let cool for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
- Cut marshmallows into squares with wet knife.