Soups are an easy and nutritious meal, especially when it gets cold! Try our recipe for Bulgarian lentil soup… we promise you’ll love it! One of our favorite Bulgarians said so herself!
*Remember to avoid your food allergies when making this recipe! If you do not know what your food allergies are get them tested soon!
Bulgarian Lentil Soup Recipe
Total Prep Time: 4 hours Makes: 5-7 servings
Bulgarian Lentil Soup Ingredients
- 1 cup organic lentils
- 6 cups organic bone broth (or vegetable broth)
- 2 organic carrots, chopped
- 2 organic tomatoes, chopped (or 1 – 8 oz can organic tomatoes)
- 1 organic onion, chopped
- 2 organic celery stalks, chopped
- 5 organic garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon organic paprika
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon organic all-purpose seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea saslt
- organic parsley to taste
Bulgarian Lentil Soup Directions:
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker except parsley.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Garnish with parsley and enjoy!