Muffins can be a great addition to your breakfast or lunch, and are nice to have on hand for those mornings you’re rushing out the door! Here is one of our favorite versions we have made. Also, it’s gluten-free and dairy-free!
*Remember to avoid your food allergies when making this recipe! If you do not know what your food allergies are get them tested soon!
Gluten-Free Lemon-Blueberry Muffins
- 2 duck eggs
- 3/4 cup dairy free milk (we use hemp)
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 Tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill GF Flour Blend (Red bag)
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp xantham gum
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- small amount of oil
- birch tree xylitol
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 375. Generously grease cups of a stone 12-cup muffin pan or use a regular 12-cup pan with liners.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat eggs on low speed until frothy (30 seconds), and add milk, oil, lemon zest and vanilla. Beat until blended.
- In another bowl mix all the dry ingredients except the blueberries. With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredient mixture into wet ingredients until smooth. It will be thick and sticky. Gently stir in the blueberries. Divide batter evenly into the 12 muffin cups. Add topping to each cup.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until muffin tops are firm. Cool muffins for 10 minutes before removing from pan.