Everybody loves breakfast! Here’s our spin on a classic with an Egg-free French Toast. It’s dairy-free, gluten-free and uses our favorite sweetener, birch xylitol .
*Remember to avoid your food allergies  when making this recipe! If you do not know what your food allergies are get them tested soon!
Egg-Free French Toast
- 4 slices of gluten-free bread
- ½ cup of coconut milk or other dairy-free milk
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch
- 1 teaspoon of birch xylitol
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon or to taste
- 1 tablespoon ghee or other butter alternative
- Salt to taste
Egg-free French Toast
- Preheat your pan or skillet on medium heat.
- Combine all of the ingredients, aside from the bread and ghee. Mix well and make sure the arrowroot starch dissolves properly.
- Melt the ghee in the pan/skillet.
- Immerse the bread in mixture, one side at a time.
- Cook the bread slices in you pan until golden-brown. Repeat with the rest of the slices.