Here’s a light, creamy dish that’s perfect for a summer day! It uses one of our favorite sweeteners, xylitol, which is an easy swap for sugar. This dairy-free cucumber salad goes great with organic chicken or wild caught fish.
*Remember to avoid your food allergies when making this recipe! If you do not know what your food allergies are get them tested soon!
Easy Dairy-Free Cucumber Salad Recipe
Total Prep Time: 10-15 minutes, or 2-3 hours Makes: 5-8 servings
Easy Dairy-Free Cucumber Salad Ingredients
- 3 organic cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup soy-free vegenaise
- 1/2 organic onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon xylitol (more for a sweeter dressing)
- sea salt to taste
Easy Dairy-Free Cucumber Salad Directions:
- Add xylitol to vegenaise and set aside. This gives the xylitol a chance to dissolve.
- Combine cucumbers, salt and onion. Right before serving, add dressing.
- Add onions and salt to cucumbers. Let sit for a few hours. This will allow the moisture to come out of the cucumbers.
- Drain excess water and add dressing before serving.
This method, although it takes longer, will keep the cucumber salad less runny if it is stored for any amount of time before consuming.
- Top with organic dill for added flavor if desired.