One of the quickest ways to make great tasting, healthy meals ahead of time is by marinating chicken and grilling or roasting it in an oven, and using it as a main dish, on salads, in wraps, etc. Adding flavor makes eating healthy not only easy, but absolutely delicious! Christy has created this great marinade you need to try!
*Remember to buy organic and avoid your food allergies when making this recipe! If you do not know what your food allergies are get them tested soon!
AMAZING Chicken Marinade
(No Sugar Version)
½ Cup Avocado oil or Grapeseed oil
½ Cup Vinegar (I use Balsamic Vinegar)
¼ Cup Coconut Aminos or Tamari
1/8 Cup Lemon Juice
2 Tbsp Dijon or Spicy Brown Mustard
¼ cup Yacon Syrup or golden Monk Fruit or powdered xylitol
2 tsp dried Rosemary
2 tsp Onion Powder
2 tsp Sea Salt
2 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Black Pepper
½ tsp Allspice
6 Chicken Breasts (*Hint*cut in half lengthwise to cook it faster and soaks in more marinade)
- Combine all ingredients (except chicken) in a medium bowl or large glass measuring cup.
- Place chicken in a zip lock bag with half the marinade and remove the air and close securely – placing in the fridge for at least 4-5 hours or overnight.(or freezer if you would like to marinate it ahead for future use)
- If grilling, preheat grill to medium high heat. Grill chicken for 5 to 6 minutes on each side (if cut lengthwise, reduce grilling time – watch the chicken closely)
- Optional- use leftover marinade to ‘baste’ the chicken while grilling
- Remove chicken from grill and let rest for a few minutes before serving.