Donuts are delicious… but always full of the bad stuff! Here’s a recipe to try so you can still enjoy them. These chocolate donuts are vegan and gluten-free. Yum!
*Remember to avoid your food allergies when making this recipe! If you do not know what your food allergies are get them tested soon!
Chocolate Donut Recipe
Total Prep Time: 20-30 minutes Makes: 4-6 servings
Chocolate Donut Ingredients
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon organic flax seeds, ground
- 1/4 cup organic cacao
- 1/4 teaspoon aluminum-free baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons xylitol
- 1 teaspoon organic maca powder
- pinch sea salt
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons organic coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
- 3/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips, melted
Chocolate Donut Directions:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk together ground flax seeds and water. Set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk cacao, baking soda, baking powder, salt, flour, and xylitol.
- In small bowl, mix together milk, melted coconut oil, flax mixture, and vanilla.
- Using a piping bag (or large Ziploc bag), pipe donut mixture in donut pan.
- Bake donuts for 10 minutes.
- While donuts cool, add coconut oil and melted chocolate chips together for the glaze.
- Dip tops of donuts into glaze.