Healthy chicken fajitas are a flavorful, easy dinner for the family! Skip the seasoning packet and create your own seasoning. It gives you the freedom to change the seasoning recipe to your liking!
*Remember to avoid your food allergies when making this recipe! If you do not know what your food allergies are get them tested soon!
Healthy Chicken Fajitas Recipe
Total Prep Time: 30-45 minutes Makes: 4-5 servings
Healthy Chicken Fajitas Ingredients
- 1 1/2 pounds of organic boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2-3 organic bell peppers
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 tablespoon organic chili powder
- 1 teaspoon organic cumin
- 1 teaspoon organic paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon organic cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon organic garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon organic black or red pepper
- avocado oil
Healthy Chicken Fajitas Directions:
- Mix all spices in a bowl. Set aside about 1/4 for the veggies.
- Trim and cut chicken into strips. Put in bowl and coat with seasoning.
- Cover and place chicken in fridge for a few hours or overnight.
- Place chicken on parchment-lined baking sheet. Put under broiler for 10 minutes, then stir. Put back for 5-10 more minutes or until done.
- Cut up bell peppers and onion into strips.
- Heat large skillet over medium low heat. Add avocado oil about one and a half turns of the pan. Once oil is hot, add peppers and onion and remaining seasoning. Stir every couple minutes. Cook about 6-8 minutes.
- Add chicken and juices from pan. Stir until combined and cook a few extra minutes to combine flavors.
- Serve on gluten-free tortillas, or make into a salad. We like this recipe on organic spinach with organic heirloom yellow tomatoes, fresh organic jalepeños, organic avocado, and some hemp hearts.