This yummy and healthy Butternut Squash Soup Recipe will warm you up! Enjoy with a nice salad or gluten free bread.
*Remember to avoid your food allergies when making this recipe! If you do not know what your food allergies are get them tested soon!
Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
Total Prep Time: 50 minutes Makes: 6-7 servings
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 organic butternut squash, peeled and seeded, then cubed
- 1 medium organic, white or vidalia onion, chopped
- 7-10 organic baby carrots, or 2 large organic carrots, chopped
- 1 sweet, organic apple, peeled and halved, then sliced
- 2 cups organic, free-range chicken broth
- 2 cloves of garlic (chopped or minced)
- 1 large, organic potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 stalks of organic celery halved, then sliced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup xylitol
- 1/2 teaspoon blackstrap molasses
- Garlic salt to taste
- Water enough to cover
- Nutmeg and crisped sage (optional for garnish)
- In a large soup pot, saute onions in grapeseed oil with pepper and salt
- When onions have caramelized, add carrots and celery. Allow to cook for a few minutes until celery begins to soften.
- Then add garlic, squash, apple and potato.
- Add chicken broth and water until ingredients are covered in pot.
- Boil/simmer until squash and other ingredients are softened.
- In a small bowl, combine xylitol and blackstrap molasses to form “brown sugar”
- Stir into soup and cook until dissolved.
- Taste and add salt, pepper and garlic salt to taste.
- When all vegetables are soft, carefully move ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until pureed. Be careful! It will be hot
- Pour into bowls to serve. Add garnish of nutmeg and/or crisped sage.