This butternut squash risotto is a sophisticated, comfort-food recipe you will make again and again. You’re going to love this while you relax with a glass of organic wine.
*Remember to avoid your food allergies when making this recipe! If you do not know what your food allergies are get them tested soon!
Butternut Squash Quinoa Risotto
Total Prep Time: 45 minutes Makes: 3-4 servings
Butternut Squash Quinoa Risotto Ingredients
– 3 cups organic butternut squash, diced
– grapeseed oil
– sea salt
– freshly ground black pepper
Quinoa Risotto Ingredients
– 2 cups organic vegetable broth
– 1/2 cup organic apple cider vinegar
– 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
– 1 onion, finely diced
– 1 red pepper, finely diced
– 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
– 1/2 teaspoon pepper
– 1/8- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
– 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
– 4-6 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (optional)
– 1 tablespoon fresh sage, minced (optional)
– 1 cup thawed organic frozen peas
– 2 tablespoons walnuts, toasted (optional) or 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Butternut Squash Quinoa Risotto Directions:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Drizzle grapeseed oil on diced butternut squash and toss.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place on rimmed baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Bring broth to simmer over medium heat. Keep warm.
- In a separate pan, saute onion and pepper in oil over medium heat for 8 minutes, stirring often
- After 8 minutes, lower heat to medium. Add garlic and stir for 30 seconds
- Add rinsed quinoa and cook 2 minutes more.
- Add 1/2 cup vinegar, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Cook until vinegar has absorbed and then add in just enough broth to cover. Continue stirring frequently while adding broth until quinoa is tender and has burst. This should take about 20 minutes.
- Add in thyme, sage and peas. Stir for two minutes and then remove pan from heat.
- Add in butternut squash.
- Top with walnuts or Parmesan if using