Looking for a healthy spin on your mashed potatoes? Try this mashed sweet potatoes recipe! Sweet potatoes are healthy! They are full of fiber so they don’t spike your blood sugar. Want to know what else they are full of? They are full of healthy nutrients like potassium, Vitamin C, and Vitamin A plus they are full of tons of healthy antioxidants.
*Remember to avoid your food allergies when making this recipe! If you do not know what your food allergies are get them tested soon!
Mashed Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Total Prep Time: 1 hour Makes: 4-5 servings
Mashed Sweet Potatoes Ingredients
- 2 pounds organic sweet potatoes
- 15 ounces organic cashew milk
- organic cinnamon and nutmeg
- sea salt and organic pepper to taste
Mashed Sweet Potatoes Directions:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prick sweet potatoes with fork a few times, then bake about 45-60 minutes, or until tender.
- When sweet potatoes are cool, peel off skin.
- Over medium-low heat, mash sweet potatoes. Add cashew milk in increments.
- Season potatoes to taste, maybe add a slice of organic/dairy-free butter, and enjoy!